In the life of "Oz"

On Easter Sunday we went to visit my father in the hospital and he was very lively- much more so then he's been recently. For you to understand what he's really like I've decided to write it in a list because i feel that thats the easiest way.


My father is Craig Simon
He likes to be called Rick or " Oz"
He is 65 years old
He was definitely a hippy
Im convinced he still wants to be
He is a die hard biker
and will pledge loyalty to Harley Davidson until he dies
He went to Woodstock in the summer of 1969
It took him 4 hrs to get there and 6 days to get back
He has 4 tattoos
1 reads " A season in Hell"
1 reads" A season on the dark side"
He believes the world is ending on May 21st, 2011
He can tell you anything about anything you could possibly want to know
He has not owned a TV in 5 years
He pierced my 2nd and 3rd earring holes
He has 8 piercings in his ears
His hair is longer then mine
He has not cut his hair in 15 years
He is responsible for my love of the Beatles
He is a very smart man but he likes people to think he's a burnout.


We brought him a few of the cakepops so that he could have a bit of easter lovin in the hospital and being a diabetic we werent sure if he would be allowed to have cake mixed with frosting dipped in candy decorated with sugar. you know, sugar sugar sugar, mixed with some sugar, coated in ridiculous sugar. Anyhow his response was- "I'll just tell the nurse its a hard bolded egg"
This is him on Easter Sunday 2011. He looks the happy in this picture, happier then he has in months.
Here is a pretty spring picture from today. it was 88 degrees here in philadelphia!





1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Great blog little miss! Your dad TOTALLY reminds me of my dad! And I completely agree with your thoughts on crocheting. Definitely faster, but the knit cable stitch is muuuuch better than crochet. I love the way knitting looks a bit cleaner, but crochet is so much faster/easier.
    I look forward to following you!

Post a Comment