Best dating advice I ever got

So i was thinking today about how my boyfriend and i got together and i remember it was because of his  relentless nature and how cute that actually is.  So heres the story....

About 4 years ago I was dating another guy somewhere around my 2nd year in college, Anthony, who I had known for years asked me out on a date to which i replied "sorry, I have a boyfriend" and he said " Ok, well promise me that if you and he ever brake up you'll go on a date with me." I said yes hoping after that he would leave me alone. He did. about a year later the guy I had been dating and I broke up. Within a few weeks Anthony contacted me and reminded me of the promise I had made the year before. I didn't say no but I sure didn't make it easy.... While I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep my promise I was talking to a good friend of mine, miss Ally Jane. She gave me the best dating advice I have ever gotten from anyone, and its so basic but she told me

 "Never turn down a date. You never know what can happen. Either you will have a terrible date, and a great story to tell, a free meal, or you may meet the love of your life"

Agreeing with her, but not thinking much about it i went back to my dorm room and sent Anthony a txt saying I would go out with him.

We went out on our first date a few weeks later and as a result... I had a great time, I got a free meal, and I met the love of my life. Anthony and I have been together for almost 2 years now, we now live together, we have a doggie and were very happy. So that is the advice I would pass along to anyone as far as dating goes!

5 comments:

  1. Copyboy said...:

    Free meal. Love of your life? What could be bad? BTW...made you new blog of the day.

  1. CLeigh said...:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. intriguedbeing said...:

    Thank you so much for featuring me!
    and your right, not alot can be bad about that

  1. Janie Junebug said...:

    Oh that's so sweet. I love the dog and the boyfriend looks o.k. too. I'm going to follow you and I hope you'll follow me too.

    Love,
    Lola

  1. intriguedbeing said...:

    Hi Lola! im following youuuuuuuuuu.

Post a Comment